These are some of our favorite places in Matsuyama.
Matsuyama is quite a nice and compact city. There are many historical sites gather in the center of the city, which are connected with trams and buses. It makes easier for tourists to get around in the city.
We would like to show you our favorite sightseeing spots.
If you would like to know more about them, just click!
Our favorite places
Matsutama Castle ⇔Dogo Onsen
- The trums run between Dogo Onsen and Matsuyama caslte. It takes several minutes on foot to get to the ropeway station from the nearest tram stop “Okaido”.
Matsutama Castle →Ishiteji temple
- Here is a timetable bound for Ishiteji via Dogo Onsen from the "Ropeway Entrance" bus stop.
- Bus stop"Ishiteji" is the 10th stop and it takes 15 - 20minutes.
- You should push a bottun just on an anounce "Tsugi wa Ishite-ji"(The next stop is Ishiteji) .You'd better to tell a driver you want to go to Ishiteji when you get in.
- Don't forget to take a numbered ticket as you board. Drop 210 yen and the ticket into the box by the driver when you get off.
Dogo Onsen →Ishiteji temple
- It's a 15-minute walk from the Dogo Onsen tram stop.
- The buses run between Dogo Onsen and Ishiteji-temple every 20 minutes. It's about 5 minutes ride.Take No.8(bound for "JR Matsuyama eki") or No.52(bound for "Oku-dogo"etc) bus at the Dogo Onsen bus stop and get off at the 5th stop "Ishiteji.